Society and politics
Washington state election endorsements
- August 2022 Primary and Special Election
- October 2021 Washington State General Election
- July 2021 Washington State Primary Election
- October 2020 Washington State General Election
- July 2020 Washington Primary Election
I think there is an obvious, first principle:
If we randomly permute people in society, we should minimize how unavoidably worse off people can be.
Implicit in that is a zeroth principle:
People behave largely as the system they are in incentivizes them to.
The first principle implies invariance of political representation under permutation. That means there are some immediate fixes needed to the United States constitution.